top of page


Since uveitis is often connected with other diseases or conditions, some tests may be needed. They may include a physical exam, blood or skin tests, examination of eye fluids, and imaging tests, such as X-rays. Your ophthalmologist may ask about other diseases or health problems you have had. Uveitis needs to be treated right away to prevent lasting problems. Ophthalmologists often treat uveitis with eyedrop medicine that reduces inflammation (corticosteroids). They may also use an eye drop to widen (dilate) the pupil, which helps reduce pain and swelling. Sometimes medicine may need to be given by injection (shots) or taken by mouth. Often times, your ophthalmologist will work with a special kind of doctor called a rheumatologist to help treat you.

Watch the video below to learn more about Uveitis:

bottom of page